After previously playing around with a new palette that was added to my collection (the Morphe 35w) I finally found a makeup look that i fell absolutely in love with, and i wanted to share it on a blog post with you guys.
Please remember, i am not by any means a professional makeup artist, and i just go by what is self taught and what preferences i have when it comes to doing it, makeup is all about having fun, experimenting and enjoying the results!
Before applying any makeup on to your face always make sure you have fully cleansed and moisturised your skin. To cleanse my face i love to use my No.7 Foaming Cleanser. After this, i moisturise my skin with my Simple Kind to skin moisturiser. After this, i like to go in with my primer to make sure my makeup will stay put ALL day, i love to use the hourglass veil mineral primer. Following on with primers, i like to set my eye lids with my all time favourite Urban Decay primer potion in the shade original, this is a holy grail!
- I like to start with my eyes when doing makeup just to make sure i can easily fix any small mistakes i may make and also make it easier when it comes to cleaning up any fall out. To begin with, i went in with this light brown-ish shade from my Morphe 35w palette (see photo below) and i ran this slightly through my crease, using it as a transition shade on my real techniques deluxe crease brush. I then lightly buffed this out using my crease brush from a set i got off Ebay.
Secondly, i took a darker brown shade (photo below) from that same palette and ran this deeper through my crease going all the way to my inner corner. I buffed this in with the same brush i used to buff with before, i kept on blending and adding until i was happy with the colour.
I then continued to use that same buffing brush and took an even deeper dark brown (photo below) into my crease, with my eye open and hardly blended this out at all, to really darken my outer crease. Following this i took my Studio London flat eye shadow brush to really pack on the light cream colour at the top of the palette (photo below) all over my lid, pressing the brush down and dragging it at the same time. After this, i took my Real Techniques base shadow brush and blended it all together so there were no harsh lines.
To finish the eyes, i gave them a sharp winged liner using my Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner in black. I took my Naked Smoky brush and ran the deepest dark under my lower lash line, and cleaned this up using my concealer on a beauty blender. To highlight my inner corner of my eyes i took the shade Champagne Truffle from my Too faced chocolate bar palette and i also highlighted my brown bone with this too. I then went in with my eye lash curlers to curl my lashes and apply my favourite – Max factor 2000 calories mascara on my top and bottom lashes.
2. For the base of my face, i applied the Rimmel London match perfection foundation in the shade true ivory using a damp beauty blender. (this foundation i actually disliked as it went patchy very quick and i decided to not use this one again) For concealer, i used my Rimmel London Wake me up concealer in the lightest shade to highlight under my eyes, bridge of my nose, forehead and chin and used the same blender to blend this out.
3. To set under my eyes i used the yellow toned highlighter from the Revolution contour and highlight kit on a small triangular face blender. Then i blended this out and set everywhere else (like my T-zone) with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder on a big face brush from an Ebay set.
4. To contour, i wanted it to look quite natural but bronzed so i only went in with my Hoola Bronzer from Benefit with my Nars contour brush. I ran this in the hollow of my cheeks, my temples, forehead, down my nose, under my jawline and slightly under my bottom lip.
5. For my favourite part, Highlight! i used my absolute go to.. the Revolution half baked highlighter in the shade “Golden Lights”. I ran this across the highest points of my face with the morphe m510 brush.
6. To complete the look, i slightly blended out some Blush onto the apples of my cheeks and i used the Benefit Rockateur Blush for this with my Studio face powder brush.
7. Lastly i primed my lips with a lip balm, then i lined them with my MUA lip liner in the shade caramel nougat and filled them with my Mac lipstick in the shade Whirl.
8. Finally, i set my whole face (especially my T zone) with my absolute go to – Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray and my makeup stayed in place ALL day!
This was my finished look:
I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and if you want to see any more makeup looks please comment below and let me know but do remember i am not an expert, haha!
Love, Lutricia x
Once again.. Thanks for reading my Blog! if you have any ideas on what you want me to do next, please let me know in the comments or by telling me on my social media sites, which will be linked below as usual.
(please remember I do not get paid for these blog post, so all opinions are my own and I give my honest thoughts, if a blog post is sponsored it will be stated always. If you would like to contact me about anything from reviewing a product to asking for advice email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org)